"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."



-Marianne Williamson



background

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NO...You can't make me go!!!

We decided to have my oldest daughter's husband take our horse AJ.   AJ is 6 and is used to people but has never been broke and never been in a horse trailer.   We thought if we got enough manpower that surely, 7 adults could surely get one gelding in a big open stock trailer...WRONG!!!


We got AJ's mom, Aspen in the trailer 1st, hoping he would follow his Mom in.  No such luck.  Oh and did I also add that my husband had just had knee surgery and I was only 2 months out from back surgery so even though we were great spectators and good at waving our arms and yelling at AJ, other than that, we were pretty much useless.   Stan did get a few good pokes in with his crutch to AJ's nether-regions but that didn't help.  AJ just plain sat down like a big kid and refused to budge.  At one point he had 3 feet in the trailer but he was so terrified he again just sat down.   After a couple of hours of this rodeo, he was getting tired and angry and I was so afraid that someone was going to get hurt, even him, that I said to just let him go in the field and we would try this again some other time.

No comments:

Followers