"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."



-Marianne Williamson



background

Monday, December 2, 2013

The last sunset over the Garden of Eggen

Today is the day.  After 8 long years of trying to sell the Garden of Eggen 10 acre farm, today we sign the papers so that the new owners can have their chance to live out their dreams on our beautiful farm.

Even though we know it is our time to move on, it is with heavy hearts and many tears that the final drive down the lane will be the most difficult time leaving.  It takes me back to the first time I came to the farm.  Stan and I were friends.  We had been having lunch and when he found out that my sweet Lexie loved horses he asked us to come go for a ride.   As we saddled up and rode down the lane I reminded him that I hadn't spent much time around horses and wasn't very sure of myself.  To which my sweet cowboy husband said "Stick with me Darlin' " and so I did. 

As you read through the posts below you can see some of the amazing life lessons I have learned along the way.  This post will be picture heavy as you just have to see it to feel the beauty that this ratty little farm house can bring to our children and grandchildren and all those who come hang out in our "Garden of Eggen".










 



 
Goodbye little farm.  Thank you for all the joy you have given us.

No comments:

Followers