"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."



-Marianne Williamson



background

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude

I have heard of gratitude journals before, but never put much stock into them. After the experiences I have had being grateful every day, I plan on continuing my gratitude journey here on Garden of Eggen. After you experience the changes that gratitude can make, you won't want to give it up either. Below are the posts from November 1st-24th, 2011. You can tag along as I continue on my path with an attitude of gratitude. As for today, Happy THanksgiving.

I am grateful for Thanksgiving. I have noticed a subtle but amazing transformation in my attitude merely from posting a gratitude once a day. I found myself having the ability to brush off some difficult situations. I feel more able to live in the present and have hope for the future instead of putting up with the present and feeling fearful of what the future held. Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends and family. I love you all.

I am grateful for music. I love how the magic of an old song can take you back to a memory long ago. What is your favorite song that evokes a favorite memory?
I am grateful for being warm. Electric Blankets, a furnace that works, and lots and lots of blankets...and a hot cup of peppermint tea. I am reminded that especially on a cold day like today that being warm is something so many of us take for granted. I pray for those who don't have a warm home that they may find shelter.
I am grateful for laughter. It can snap you out of a pity party. It can bring relief to those who mourn loved ones lost and it brings a smile to your face and makes it harder to feel anger and pain. Thanks for those that make me laugh...even at myself. What's your favorite comedy tv or movie???

I am grateful for Sunflowers. I hope to live my life like them. Always turning my face towards the light of the sun. I am grateful for all the miracles in my life too. Sometimes we are blinded by pain and negativity. The gift that gratitude offers, when you seek it out each day, is to take off the blinders and to see the amazing beauty in your life that was there all along. Who knew???

I am grateful for my health. I may not be where I want to be yet but I know this will change. I recently heard a quote "In School, you learn the lesson and then you take the test. In Life, you are tested and then you learn the lesson". I have learned lots of lessons thru the past 2 years. I no longer ask to have my life back, I give thanks for the one I'm about to live. It's bound to be pretty amazing!!!
I am grateful for our home. We have had alot of fun here on the farm. It has been my inspiration and sometimes exasperation... It has taught me alot and given me stories to tell on my blog. I love our Garden of Eggen.

I am grateful for my friend. Growing up, my friends were my sisters. Still today, I consider my friends my family. Thank you to all of you who have helped me along the way. Love you all.

I am grateful for all the animals in our life. My dog Myla is a rescue dog and more than a little neurotic. She is also the sweetest dog I have ever known. I also love our cats even with their attitudes that THEY are in charge and will only be snuggled when they want to. I love our rabbits and the joy they give Lexie when she reads them stories. I love our chickens and the delicious eggs they give us. I love our horses. They have made my little girls dreams come true. They also feed my husbands wild cowboy soul. I always loved cats and dogs, but never imagined myself living on a 10 acre farm and enjoying every minute I spend here. Lexie's Christmas list now includes a Goat...so I guess we will love that too.


I am grateful for the beautiful world that we live in. I am grateful for the time I get to spend in nature. I'm thankful for the peace it creates within and how it fills me when I'm feeling empty inside. I am also grateful for my Canon XTI to capture it and take it home with me so I can share it with others.

I am grateful for adoption and the blessings that it brings to families. To all the birth mothers and adoptive families out there that have worked so hard to become a family, we love you all.


I am grateful for all our service men and women. The ones who lost their lives whether in death or in not coming home the same person as when they left. As well as those who serve at home. Thanks to my Dad who served in Korea and Stan's Dad who served in WWII. Thanks to my son who is now a Marine. In last week's Parade magazine in the Sunday paper there were many suggestions on how we can support our troups: homesforourtroops.org, guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org, cellphonesforsoldiers.com, dvds4vets.org, coupsfortroops.com, operationgratitude.com/volunteer, soldierpackages.org. Gratitude can be shown by volunteering. Help those who keep us safe.
I am grateful that my son chose to be a Marine. Happy Birthday Marine Corp!!! Thanks to all our Marines. We love you.

I am grateful for my failures. They led me to my successes. For as big of a failure that I have been, I am PRETTY successful...
I am grateful for Books. I may never make it to college but have learned so many amazing things from them. When I met Stan, I had given up men for books (the Library had a better return policy :D ). In a community college class I was taught that when I really need the answer to something or I am struggling in life, to go to a library or bookstore and before you even get out of your car, set an intention/prayer/whatever you want to call it, "Guide me to what I need". Inevitably I will walk the entire library sections or bookstore aisles until something stands out. I will pick up the book and again repeat my intention and open to any page. You would be amazed at the words on that exact page or even the whole book or it's subject will be exactly what I needed to hear. Sounds crazy? I dare you to give it a try.

I am grateful for having just what I need...right when I need it. I'm grateful for my emotions, they have served me well. I have enjoyed the ride on an occasional mood swing and been taught many well needed lessons by some of the more difficult emotions to feel. I am also grateful for the physical things in life. I have learned that my life is not defined by what I own or the size of clothes I wear. (Although I do miss the single digits in my size, but that's just my vanity talking...) I release that which does not serve me and make room for all of the gifts in my future... That's pretty grateful for a Monday :D

I am grateful for spirit in my life. Whether your Mormon, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, Sufi or Catholic, may we all recognize a power greater than ourselves that resonates with us in our soul at work in our lives. I am grateful to be the daughter of a loving heavenly father who accepts me with all my imperfections. I am grateful that we all get to worship as we choose no matter what that is. To all my friends, spiritual and religious, Namaste!!!
(later post - sometimes it's easier to see the divinity in others but not ourselves. I can't remember who said this but I remember it well "we cannot recognize in others what does not exist in ourselves". Every day everyone of us has the opportunity to choose to be positive or negative. How we react to those around us who chose differently than us and our emotions about them are a clue to where WE are at. I have learned that for me, my emotions are a barometer and that if I don't get sucked in to hatred, anger and negative emotions, the positive in my own life expands.)
I am especially grateful for all my kids. The one's I gave birth to and the one's I inherited. I love you all SO much.

I am grateful for all the "medicine" that keeps me going. From Pulmonologists to Reiki Masters, from inhalers to essential oils and from pills to people who love me, it all works to get me well. Love from my friends and family and their kindness is a healing balm for my soul. Thank you!
I am grateful for the days I feel good. I am grateful for friends and family who are there on the days I'm too sick to leave my bed. I am grateful for caring Dr's who are helping me to figure all this out so I can be well and have my life back. Thank You.
I am grateful for electricity after a couple of days without it off and on...
I am grateful for a wonderful life. Sorry to be so sappy but my heart is full of gratitude. I am so truly blessed. I get to be married to this crazy goofy man who is just crazy enough to love me. I finally got my wedding ring back with the diamond back in it (thank goodness for insurance). I have had so much happiness in my life over the last few days listening to those little nudges from spirit to do crazy things that may not make sense at first but turn out to be blessings in disguise. I miss my grandkids (and kids) and getting to see you all in your Halloween costumes. Lexie has the flu so post all the cute pictures and we will bring you your candy when we are all well. Hugs to you all :D

No comments:

Followers